At the head of the Riutort valley, to the east of Brocà and at 1362 mt. of altitude, the parish church of Sant Genís de Gavarrós is based, name that takes from the wild gulls or rosales that were once in this region.
Although the site is mentioned in the 10th century, it is not until 1062 that we hear from the church. It is an 11th century Romanesque building with a single nave and an interesting apse, crowned by a roof with a frieze of saw teeth. The 18th-century reforms changed the original look, adding a side chapel, sacristy, and tower bell tower. The state of conservation is quite good, since a few years ago the Town Hall of Guardiola de Berguedà remodeled the roof and cleaned the environment.