The church of Santa Maria de La Quar, perhaps Visigoth origin, is first mentioned in 900, when it was consecrated. In 1069 he was transferred, along with the parish to the Monastery of La Portella. In the course of time has been changed, and there are few preserved remains of the Romanesque period. Inside, is venerated a Romanesque sculpture of the Virgin of La Quar. To the east, at the foot of the sanctuary, there is a small cave where the image was found. The sanctuary had rectory and a fountain. . The sanctuary offers a landscape that ranges from Montseny and Collsacabra to the high peaks of Berguedà.