Located 1600 meters high, Peguera is an abandoned village that belongs to the municipality of Fígols.
The years of maximum activity were in the late nineteenth century and until the middle of the twentieth century thanks to the strong mining activity. The abandonment of the coal mines, however, accentuated the depopulation of Peguera until now when most houses are in a dilapidated state. The last inhabited house, Cal Penjorell, was closed in 1968. In 1908, one of the best-known Catalan maquis was born in Cal Peron, Ramon Vila Capdevila "Caracremada". Above the houses is the Roc de Peguera where there was the Castle of Peguera, which from 1390 was the center of the Barony of Peguera. The Church of Sant Miquel, of Romanesque origin, is another point of reference along with the Serra d'Ensija, to the north, and Rasos de Peguera, to the south, the first place where skiing took place in Catalonia towards the beginning of the 19th century.