The fortified castle precinct is located on a hill above the village and dates from the medieval times, there are documents dating to 1068.
The castle has practically disappeared but within the complex, known as the "Vila Vella", there are remains of the Romanesque-style walls, houses and the old Church of Santa Maria, located near the castle. It may have suffered a fire in the 12th century when it was redecorated. From this same church comes a Romanesque statue of the Virgin Mary that is kept in the National Art Museum of Catalonia (MNAC).
The element of the enclosure that stands out most is a large square tower, whose exact function was unknown, although it is reasonable to relate it to the religious building to which it seems attached, although it can't be dismisse possible defensive purposes.