The route of the Cement Train goes through different tourist interesting places in the area, which include the exhibition of transport vehicles, located in the same station of La Pobla de Lillet. The Artigas Gardens, designed by Antoni Gaudí and fully integrated into the natural setting where they are located, on the outskirts of La Pobla and the Asland Cement Museum, which is next to the Castellar de n'Hug station.
The journey lasts approximately 20 minutes and is carried out by a diesel locomotive with a maximum of 4 cars that can accommodate 25 passengers each
Originally, the Cement Railroad was built by the General Company of Asfaltos and Portland Asland for transporting cement of the "Clot del Moro" factory and It was the smallest public railway in Spain, since its track width was 60 centimeters.
Its route began at the same factory in Clot del Moro and went to Guardiola de Berguedà, where it linked to the Catalan Railways: there were transshipments of both cement and various merchandise. The first years the railroad served only for the transport of the factory, but from August 1st, 1914 it began to provide public passenger service.
His first years were for the exclusive use of the factory, but during the 1920s and the following decades the lane provided an invaluable service in the Alt Berguedà region by leaving it out of its traditional isolation and offering an way out to its industrial productions. In 1963 It made his last trip, but since July 1, 2005, It was put into operation again, thanks to the reconstruction of a part of the old railroad track; In the midst of a 3.5 kilometer stretch of singular beauty.
Company registered in the register of Public Entities of the Generalitat de Catalunya with the number. 6360